Diseases in Roses
Although roses are a hardy group of plants they can suffer from a number of diseases. Some varieties are more resistant to diseases than others, however with proper planting many problems can be eliminated. If you can identify the disease you can find a number of treatments to prevent or sole the problems.
Some of the most important ways of preventing diseases in all roses are :
- Good air flow, this helps dry out the foliage after rain and prevent fungal diseases.
- Good drainage, this helps prevent root damage
- Cleaning up any dropped foliage and after pruning, again this helps prevent disease.
- Healthy soil and appropriate fertilizer, these promote strong growth and healthy plants.
- Good sun every day, again this is a major factor in healthy growth and preventing many fungal diseases.
What about flowering trees?
You could consider
- Crape Myrtle
- Davidia involuctra