Ceratostigma willmottianum - The Chinese Plumbago
With lots of cultivars around, Ceratostigma willmottianum is a wonderful low maintence plant. Masses of blue flowers from spring through summer and good fall color.
This is a frost hardy plant that has the advantage of being reasonably drought tolerant once established. Used widely in landscaping in mass plantings where a low maintenance plant is required.
Also useful in part shade where it provides a little color in dull areas. Tolerant of coastal conditions and useful in the garden border for iyts long flowering nature.
- Ceratostigma willmottianum 'Desert Skies' - Attractive golden foliage for extra color in the garden
- Ceratostigma 'Saphire Ring
- Ceratostigma griffithii is the Burmese plumbago reaches around 3ft in height and will send out runners. As it will grow beneath conifers it is a very useful plant.
Propagation is by division in spring.
- Dig the clump with a garden fork.
- Divide with a sharp spade or knife.
- Make sure that each section has a good root system.
- Re plant and water in with a liquid seaweed fertilizer,
Where to buy
SOONER PLANT FARM - (918) 453-0771
Park Hill OK