Crassula - The Jade Plants
The plant that we commonly call the 'Jade Tree' or 'Money Tree' goes under a few names, Crassula portulacea is the name, however you could use Crassula ovata, Crassula argentea and even Crassula obliqua.
Grown widely as houseplants, the Jade plant does look great in a container (pictured right). We are not sure if it is really 'lucky' or not, however it is a great indoor plant.
However these are not the only Crassula species, so although Jade plants are Crassula, not all Crassula are Jade plants. Crassula capitella 'Campfire' is one well know example.
Although not all Crassula are known as Jade plants, many are, and these are the most commonly grown of the genus.
- Crassula ovata is the Dollar Plant or Jade Tree.
- Crassula argentea is the Giant Jade Plant.
- Crassula arborescens is the 'Silver Dollar Jade Plant'
- Crassula portulacea is the Spoon Jade'
- Crassula capitella 'Campfire'
- Crassula perfoliata var. minor 'The Airplane Plant'
- Crassula atropurpurea (pictured right)
- Crassula sieberiana
- Crassula helmsii
Cultivars are intersting in that they can also be propagted from seed. However theybare very easy to grow grow stem cuttings as well.
Where to Buy
Crassula plants are widely available for sale - Or Try the following Mail Order Nurseries
KARA CACTUS & SUCCULENT NURSERY